HETAS is the national organisation working for consumer safety and the wider public interest in safe, efficient and environmentally responsible use of biomass and other solid fuels.
What we do
- Providing robust evidence to influence national/EU standards for appliances fuels and installation
- Listing appliances and fuels that meet the standards
- Registering properly trained, competent installers, service engineers and chimney sweeps, who meet the appropriate standards
- Approving training centres for all who work in the sector
- Providing up-to-date advice to businesses, consumers and regulators
- Researching options for improved service throughout the sector and
- Engaging with national and local government to help minimise any adverse impact of the sector as a whole on wider society.
Providing trustworthy information is at the heart of our service, especially through our website and HETAS Guide.