Working together for a cleaner and safer environment.
HETAS and Woodsure support cleaner and safer choices for the use of biomass and other solid fuels, appliances and associated technologies.
As a non-profit organisation, we pride ourselves on investing surplus funds into business areas that directly contribute to safely reducing particulate and carbon emissions for the benefit of the people and the environment.
Achieved by working with government, industry experts and innovators providing expert advice, training and clear evidence-based information.
We will mobilise change to increase the use of cleaner fuels and more efficient appliances to improve air quality and public health, utilising our role as a trusted expert advisor to government to help improve associated legislation.
We will set the benchmark for best practice in our industry through the provision of the competent person scheme and industry leading training to increase the safe and environmentally responsible use of biomass and other solid fuels, appliances and associated technologies.
What we do
- Providing robust evidence to influence national/EU standards for appliances fuels and installation
- Listing appliances and fuels that meet the standards
- Registering properly trained, competent installers, service engineers and chimney sweeps, who meet the appropriate standards
- Approving training centres for all who work in the sector
- Providing up-to-date advice to businesses, consumers and regulators
- Researching options for improved service throughout the sector and
- Engaging with national and local government to help minimise any adverse impact of the sector as a whole on wider society.
Providing trustworthy information is at the heart of our service, especially through our website and HETAS Guide.