Are there gaps in your insurance?

One of the requirements of being a HETAS registrant is that your business insurance meets the minimum levels of cover for your industry. This means that you must have a minimum of £2 million public liability cover in your policy. HETAS Insurance Services has worked closely with insurers to ensure that the cover we offer meets those requirements.

However, when it comes to insurance, one size does not fit all, and depending on the work you carry out and how your business is set up, there may be additional covers that you need.

Are there gaps in your insurance?
Are there gaps in your insurance cover?

Employers Liability

Whether you employ one apprentice, or a team of experienced colleagues, employers liability insurance is essential for your business. This cover also applies to temporary employees or contractors who you may employ. Employers liability cover is designed to offer protection should any employee submit a claim for compensation after sustaining an injury or illness as a result of their work for your business.

Cyber liability insurance

In our previous blog we spoke about the increasing threat of cyber security and the potential impact this could have on small business owners. We mentioned some simple precautions you can take to protect your business from cyber-crime, but for extra protection you may want to consider cyber insurance. This cover could protect you against financial losses as a result of cyber-crime.

Personal accident cover

If you suffer an injury at work which prevents you from working, personal accident cover provides 24-hour protection and a weekly benefit for up to 52 weeks, to cover things such as your loss in earnings or medical bills.

Contract works insurance

Contract works insurance provides cover for your equipment onsite, as well as any damage caused to your work that is underway. If you carry out contractual work for clients, contract works insurance may be a requirement of it. Cover may help to pay for work that you have to re-do or repair should it be damaged by an insured event such as fire or flood.

Cover for tools, tech and stock

If you have invested in specialist tools, expensive technology or stock you need to complete your work, theft or damage to these items could be expensive and may impact your ability to do your job. By adding cover for these important items, repairing or replacing them can be quicker and easier to do. Tools, tech and stock cover is provided on an all risks basis anywhere in the UK.

If you would like to discuss your insurance requirements or understand more about the cover available from HETAS Insurance Services, get in touch on 01905 886462, or email

If you are looking for a quote for insurance please complete the form below.

No Fields Found.

This is a marketing communication.

HETAS Limited is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Jelf Insurance Brokers.

HETAS Insurance Services is a trading name of Jelf Insurance Brokers Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Not all products and services offered are regulated by the FCA.  Registered in England and Wales number 0837227. Registered Office: Hillside Court, Bowling Hill, Chipping Sodbury, BS37 6JX.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *