Since the start of restrictions, HETAS suspended on-site inspections to protect the health and safety of our inspectors, registrants and consumers in line with Government Guidance.
As lockdown is eased and work restrictions are relaxed, we are resuming assessments with additional measures in place to maintain social distancing and help protect all involved from infection and spread of COVID-19.
To manage the demand and future proof the business, HETAS is working with stakeholders to find a workable and compliant solution to formally roll out remote assessments. As it stands there’s been no relaxing of the requirement by the government for Competent Person Schemes condition to assess Registered Businesses, therefore where an inspection is due (in line with your Registration monitoring schedule), this must take place to maintain Registration. We meet again with MHCLG over the coming days and will be steered by the guidance provided by the government.
However, the inspection itself is likely to change to accommodate the necessary safety precautions or be carried out by alternative means.
Below outlines some of the practices we are adopting in relation to on-site inspections aligned to current Government guidance on COVID- 19 and ensuring our inspections are COVID19 Secure. We appreciate your co-operation to observe the requests and guidance from inspectors if you are contacted to arrange an inspection.
On Site Inspections
- Inspectors have taken additional CPD from the World Health Organisation on infection and prevention control.
- During an on-site inspection, HETAS inspectors will operate in accordance with to HM Government guidance for ‘working safely during COVID-19 in other people’s home.
- We may request further information about the site, appliance and location in order to conduct a risk assessment prior to our visit.
- Your Inspector will call ahead to check the following and check again on arrival:
- If anyone in the household is self-isolating or shielding
- If anyone in the household is showing symptoms of COVID-19
- You are happy for us to attend
- Social distancing can be maintained
- We will be completing our own risk assessments, and request that you also have risk assessments available relating to COVID-19.
- All Inspectors will carry their own PPE which may be worn throughout the inspection.
- Hand sanitizing will take place prior to entering and leaving the site.
- We will be asking that social distancing measures be maintained as far as reasonably practicable throughout the visit, meaning we may request that we enter the room the appliance is situated alone to visually appraise the installation, before completing the inspection in a more open space. We will look to maintain 2 metre distance throughout or follow guidance for alternative working if this is not practicable.
- We appreciate that it may not be possible at this time for an on site inspection to take place. Where this is the case, HETAS may look to conduct a Remote Assessment to ensure that we continue with our required monitoring.
- This may either be an on-site assessment at a suitable Showroom/Installers home adhering to the guidance above or fully remote via web-conferencing. If you are selected for a remote assessment, please ensure you follow the guidance provided by your inspector to ensure this runs smoothly.
- The Health and Safety of all is paramount at this critical time, and we appreciate your co-operation.
The HETAS team is available should you wish to discuss any element of your registration with HETAS. Get in touch on 01684 278170 or email email@example.com.