HETAS Job Vacancies
The following role is current open for applications.
Head of Technical
HETAS is the UK’s national organisation working for consumer safety and the wider public interest in safe, efficient and environmentally responsible use of biomass and other solid fuels. HETAS is a not-for-profit organisation, working closely with national and local government.
We are currently looking to recruit a Head of Technical Services to lead our technical and environmental work.
About the role
Reporting into the CEO, you will be part of the Senior Leadership Team and the organisation’s expert on technical matters; in relation to our purpose and objectives in the Biomass/Solid Fuel/Wood and associated technology sector. An influential and strategic thinker, you will have a strong and proven background in engaging with the sector; managing people and influencing.
Main duties of the role will include:
- Managing the technical departments within HETAS (Technical & Standards; Product Approval; Training)
- Lead or attend technical committees taking an appropriate role for HETAS
- Plan and budget for involvement in future technical, safety and environmental areas as required.
- Consult with, and update other staff and stakeholders.
- Lead business planning for the technical areas and contribute to overall planning
- Operate as part of the senior management team and an ambassador for the HETAS brand
- Deputise for the CEO as needed and appropriate.
More generally, we require the successful individual to develop a strong understanding of the organisation and industry; and how the decisions of HETAS relate to outcomes in the industry.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- A detailed knowledge of industry safety, environmental standards, regulations and Government/EU proposals.
- Highly competent, with appropriate qualifications and relevant experience.
- An understanding of products and technology in the sector.
- Technical ability including relevant skills in mathematics.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a constructive, supportive team member.
- Able to develop a working knowledge of the Company’s operating systems and procedures.
This is a full time, permanent position based at the HETAS Head Office in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire.
To apply please submit an up to date CV, together with a covering letter setting out your interest by email.
Helen Thomas – Company Secretary
Closing date for applications 17th December 2019. Interviews will be held at our office in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire.