Ahead of the heating season, we wanted to advise installers on some of the common mistakes when notifying work that can delay your notification being processed. Whilst the majority of the notifications we receive are correct, we do receive a small number that can be delayed as some details might be missing or not completed correctly. We want to avoid delays in notifying to the relevant Local Authority. Our notification team has put together a handy guide to help reduce your time notifying over the heating season.
- Make sure you have the right competence for the work you are notifying
- Only self-certificate the work you installed – there is no requirement to notify existing work
- Ensure you tick the ‘Testing and Commissioning’ box for each installation
- Have you got the right installation address? Check the address online at Directgov or using the Royal Mail Postcode Finder
- Work completion date must be accurate
- When notifying online, ensure you add any chimney/liner installation work undertaken
Detailed guidance on notifications can be downloaded via the HETAS Technical Area.
Another alternative is to notify your installations online with HETAS. The notification process is more cost effective and saves you having to post your notifications to HETAS. There are three options for purchasing online notifications:
- Directly via the notification system – credits will be instantly added to your account
- Via the HETAS Shop – there will be a delay as these will be added manually by HETAS
- Call 01684 278170 and have your credit/debit card ready to make payment
The support team is always on hand to discuss either paper or online notifications and guide you through the process. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01684 278170 and press option 1.