The growth of the renewable energy sector has meant increasing demand for biomass, wood and solid fuel installations, with more and more consumers employing a HETAS Registered Installer.
In England & Wales, there are two routes to legally install a domestic biomass, wood or solid fuel burning appliance. HETAS registered installers can self certify that their work complies with the relevant building regulations, and issue the customer with a certificate of compliance.(online or paper based notifications available). HETAS will notify the relevant Local Authority on their behalf. Alternatively, the customer must apply to the Local Authority Building Control department for a Building Notice, and pay the appropriate fee which can cost up to £300 per job.
HETAS is the only Competent Person Scheme (CPS) specialising in the installation of solid fuel, wood and biomass technologies and there are many benefits associated with HETAS registration, including:
- Self certification of installations – either online or paper
- Business details listed on the HETAS ‘Find Installer‘ search
- Promotion and marketing tools – use of the HETAS installer logo, van stickers, consumer flyers, advice leaflets
- Access to the dedicated HETAS Technical Area
- Free HETAS Technical Handbook – along with updates
- An industry dedicated insurance
- Tools, Equipment and branded work wear- available at shop.hetas.co.uk
- A monthly industry e-newsletter – click here to veiw our January 2020 edition
- Regular in depth Technical Bulletins – all available in the HETAS Technical Area
- Access to the HETAS Technical Helpline
- Free Prompt Payer membership – debt recovery, loan brokering services and much more
- Discounted Which? Trusted Trader membership
- Access to a CSCS card – through our partnership with JIB-PMES
Become a HETAS Registered Installer
HETAS offer industry leading training and assessment provider for biomass, wood and solid fuel allowing direct entry into HETAS registration. Following your training course, simply complete the Application Pack and send it off to HETAS. To find out more about the options for registering and the registration process contact the HETAS Registration team on 01684 278170 or email email@example.com.