What is Public Liability Insurance

What is public liability insurance and why do you need it?

Public Liability insurance is an essential type of business cover for companies who conduct work on client’s premises, or who have members of the public attending their own premises.

What does public liability insurance protect you from?

  • The cost of damage to a third parties property, caused by you or a member of your staff
  • Compensation claims from members of the public for injury or death as a result of a negligent act by you or a member of your staff
  • Any legal expenses incurred following a compensation claim.

Public liability insurance is often a contractual requirement, enforced by governing bodies, industry regulators or a client. It also assures your customers that you have their best intentions at heart, and run a professional business by ensuring they and their property are protected while work is being carried out by your business.

The amount of public liability insurance you need will depend on the level of risk you undertake with your job on a day to day basis. It is important to think about the premises you work on or at, and if the worst should happen, how much it would cost to reinstate that property.

There are a number of situations where public liability insurance does not apply, such as employee injuries while at work, or damage to your own tools or property. You can protect yourself from these incidents, under other cover options available under your business insurance.

If you have any questions regarding your existing levels of public liability insurance, or your general business insurance, why not speak to us at HETAS Insurance. Call the team on 01905 886 462, or send an email to insurance@hetas.co.uk.

This is a marketing communication.

HETAS Limited is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Jelf insurance Brokers.

HETAS Insurance Services is a trading name of Jelf Insurance Brokers Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Not all products and services offered are regulated by the FCA.  Registered in England and Wales number 0837227. Registered Office: Hillside Court, Bowling Hill, Chipping Sodbury, BS37 6JX.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *