HETAS is the official body recognised by Government to approve biomass and solid fuel heating appliances, fuels and services, including the registration of competent installers and servicing businesses.
- INSTALLER REGISTRATION – Registered installers are trained and approved to UKAS standards and can self certify that their work complies with the relevant building regulations. They have access to free Technical Handbooks, advice and updates, competitively priced insurance, equipment and Prompt Payer membership.
- TRAINING – HETAS is the leading training provider for solid fuel, wood and biomass, offering comprehensive courses specifically designed for installers, chimney sweeps, retailers, specifiers, Local Authorities, Building Control officers and those involved in the wood fuel supply chain.
- PRODUCT APPROVAL – HETAS operates a government approved scheme for testing and approval of solid fuel and biomass appliances. The HETAS Guide is published annually and provides installers and specifiers with a useful list of approved appliances, chimneys and associated equipment.
- MICROGENERATION CERTIFICATION SCHEME – The government approved Microgeneration Scheme (MCS) is designed to build consumer confidence in the growing renewables sector. HETAS runs both MCS installer and MCS appliance schemes covering biomass and solar thermal technologies. With the domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) up and running now is the time to sign up!
- APPROVED RETAILERS – The HETAS approved retailer scheme provides kudos for stove shops and showrooms, and aims to increase safety whilst promoting the reputation of good quality retailers. Approved Retailers are listed on the HETAS website.
- QUALITY ASSURED FUEL – The HETAS Quality Assured Fuel Scheme provides a recognised quality standard for wood and biomass fuel quality. With categories for logs, briquettes, chips and pellets, the scheme provides consumers with confidence in fuel quality and sustainability.
- APPROVED CHIMNEY SWEEPS – Sweeps who are members of the National Association of Chimney Sweeps ( NACS), the Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps and the Association of Professional and Independent Chimney Sweeps (APICS) and become HETAS Approved are listed in the HETAS Guide.
For more information about HETAS do not hesitate to get in touch with us using the details on the Contact page.