What do we check?
Make sure you have the following information handy to support your application:
Colour passport-style photo
Public Liability Insurance policy schedule (£2mil and specifically covers the work you are carrying out under HETAS i.e installation of wet/dry solid fuel and/or biomass appliances)
Personalised risk assessment
Personalised complaints procedure
Personalised contract (to include payment terms and an area for customer signature)
Social media pages
Select Your Region
What happens after I apply?
- We will carry out an initial review of your application to ensure all correct information and documentation has been provided.
- If there are no further requirements following the initial review or the further requirements requested have been satisfied, then we will request your pre-registration assessment (PRA). This may vary by region.
- Your HETAS inspector will make contact to arrange a suitable time and date to inspect an installation completed by you at the address provided to HETAS.
- Once your pre-registration assessment has been completed, the inspector sends their report to our Inspections Team.
- After your PRA has been deemed compliant and there are no further outstanding requirements, your application will be passed back to the Registration Team for a final quality check before submitting for approval.
- When your application has been approved, we will activate your registration and contact you to advise of this.