Choose a route…
What do we check?
Make sure you have the following information handy to support your application:
- Colour passport-style photo
- Public Liability Insurance policy schedule (£2mil and specifically covers the work you are carrying out under HETAS (DE)
- Portfolio photographs as requested in the application form (DE)
- Sweeping certificates and waste carriers licence (DE – if applicable)
- Social media pages
- Accreditation with the relevant association (RA)
Apply with the Direct Entrant Route?
Apply with the Recognised Association or Organisation Route?
What happens after I apply?
- We will carry out an initial review of your application to ensure all correct information and documentation has been provided.
- If you are a registered member of one of our Recognised Associations (RA) and there are no further requirements following the initial review of your application, we will complete a final check and approve your application.
- If you are a Direct Entrant (DE) and there are no further requirements following the initial review, then your application will be passed to the Compliance team who will complete a desktop audit. If all requirements are met the assessor will then make contact to arrange a suitable time and date to assess you whilst you are sweeping.
- When your assessment has been deemed compliant, we will complete a final check and submit for approval.
- For both pathways, once your application is approved, we will activate your registration and contact you to advise of this.
- Once fully HETAS Registered you will receive the benefits listed below and be able to purchase HETAS Sweeping Certificates