Sweep and Service Scheme
What do we check?
Make sure you have the following information handy to support your application:
- Colour passport-style photo
- Public Liability Insurance policy schedule should cover you for your business activities and have a minimum cover level of £2 million. You should also ensure you have appropriate indemnity and liability cover for any additional competencies such as CCTV
- If sweeping, you will need to provide a copy of your sweeping certificate
- A waste carriers licence (if applicable)
- Supporting documents including a risk assessment, complaints procedure and your terms & conditions
- Social media pages
Ready to apply?
The HETAS Sweep and Service Scheme is a combination of our previous sweep and servicing schemes. We recognise the vital role that both chimney sweeps and servicing technicians have in ensuring consumer safety when working on stoves and chimneys. At the forefront of our schemes is safety and educating the customer to achieve more environmentally responsible burning.
We have listened to your feedback and recognise that sweeping and servicing often go hand-in-hand so by combining both elements under one registration, you will have the benefit of the recognised HETAS brand, including a website listing for those with sweep and/or servicing competences.
Yes, in order to create a robust scheme for experienced chimney sweeps and service technicians, the minimum training requirement is our new Online Sweeping Module. We also offer a centre-based Service and Maintenance course (H009) which is suitable for those who don’t have relevant servicing qualifications.
Contact the team to discuss training and registration further at 01684 215255 or [email protected].
Our new sweeping course is suitable for candidates with no prior experience and will form part of your journey to becoming HETAS registered. This will be launched in training centres nationwide soon. Register your interest by completing this form.
What happens after I apply
- If we need additional information, we will contact you within 48 hours, otherwise, your application will be processed.
- Your local HETAS Inspector will be notified. They will contact you to arrange your Pre-Registration Assessment (PRA).
- You will undergo your PRA. Upon completion, we will complete a final quality check and approve your application.
- You will receive a welcome email with your HETAS Registration Number and will be listed on the website. An ID card will follow through the post.