In England and Wales installation work relating to domestic solid fuel, wood and biomass and the associated systems for heating, controls and hot water are subject to Building Regulations. The Approved Documents F, J, L, G, P are applicable and most work is notifiable to the relevant Local Authority. The information notified to them is required for household insurance and the future sale of properties. Where work is carried out by a HETAS Registered Installer, who is registered for the category of work being done, the installer can self-certificate their work via HETAS rather than the customer applying for a Building Notice from their Local Authority.
Combustion appliances and fuel storage systems. Click the image to download a copy.
Other Approved Documents
- Approved Document B – Fire Safety
- Approved Document F – Ventilation
- Approved Document L1A – Conservation of fuel and power in new dwellings
- Approved Document L1B – Conservation of fuel and power in existing dwellings
- Approved Document L2A – Conservation of fuel and power in new buildings other than dwellings
- Approved Document L2B – Conservation of fuel and power in existing buildings other than dwellings
- Domestic Heating Compliance Guide
- Domestic Building Services Compliance Guide (2013 Edition)
- Non Domestic Building Services Compliance Guide (2013 Edition)