HETAS Insurance Services
HETAS Insurance services work in close partnership with HETAS to understand your trade, and ensure we can provide expert advice and cover relevant to your business. Using this understanding we have designed a unique insurance product specifically for HETAS registrants that offers cover whether you install wet or dry systems or a biomass product.
Our dedicated UK based team specialises in the insurance requirements for:
- Solid fuel contractors
- Heating, plumbing and gas installers
- Biomass contractors
- Chimney Sweeps
It is important to ensure your business activities are noted accurately within your insurance documents. Our aim is to help ensure you are appropriately covered so you won’t be left exposed in the event of a claim.
How can I benefit from HETAS insurance?
Benefit from an insurance policy specifically designed for the industry which includes as standard:
- Public Liability, which protects you if you have acted negligently and caused injury to a member of the public or damage to their property.
- Financial Loss, this extends Public Liability where your customer has suffered a monetary loss without damage occurring.
- Inefficacy cover, to protect you in the event a product, or service you provide fails to work correctly.
- Professional Indemnity this protects you from errors in testing, certification and design work and also any wrongful advice given to your client.
- Legal Expenses cover pays for your legal costs against property, employment, tax and contractual disputes under £5,000 as well as bad debts over £500.
To further enhance your cover you also have the option to choose to add the following covers to your policy:
- Employer’s Liability is compulsory by law if you have employees within your business and provides cover if one of your employees, past or present, believe you are responsible for an injury or illness they are suffering and decides to claim.
- Personal Accident cover provides a weekly benefit for up to a year in the event of an injury preventing you from working.
- Contract Works provides all risks cover on your materials on site as well as damage caused to your works in progress.
- Hired in Plant cover protects your responsibility to the hirer for loss or damage to the plant whilst in your control.
- Directors’ & Officers’ insurance protects you if you are found personally responsible for a wrongful act in your capacity as a director or officer.
- Tools and Stock (subject to policy limitations) provides cover for accidental damage and theft cover on your tools and stock including from an unattended vehicle overnight.
We also have our own in-house claims advisory experts who are there to make sure that claims proceed as promptly as possible, enabling you to continue with as little business interruption as possible.
How else can HETAS insurance help my business?
As HETAS members you have access to tailored commercial vehicle insurance solutions which can include:
- Windscreen cover
- Comprehensive cover including replacement van cover if your vehicle is involved in an accident.
- Access to a 24/7 emergency claims handling service provided by insurers
Want to know more?
Why not Contact us for more information or a quote?
Click here to view the Retailer Policy Wording (opens a zip file)
All quotations are subject to individual circumstances and insurance coverage may be subject to certain limitations or exclusions.
This is a marketing communication.
HETAS Limited is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Jelf Insurance Brokers.
HETAS Insurance Services is a trading name of Jelf Insurance Brokers Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Not all products and services offered are regulated by the FCA. Registered in England and Wales number 0837227. Registered Office: Hillside Court, Bowling Hill, Chipping Sodbury, BS37 6JX. FP18.764