Promoting safe and efficient solid fuel, wood & biomass heating systems, fuels & services
There are many benefits behind using the wide range of services available through HETAS and it’s registrants, including stove retailers to find the right product for you, installation of appliances, service and maintenance and chimney sweeping.
- HETAS is the only government approved competent person scheme specialising in solid fuel, wood & biomass
- All HETAS Registered Installers are trained and regularly assessed as competent
- The HETAS competent person registration scheme covers a range of installations that an installer may carry out: dry appliances, appliances with boilers, solid mineral, wood & biomass appliances, hot water and heating systems along with re-lining chimneys
- Buy with confidence from an Approved Retailer who can offer advice and consumer leaflets of a wide range of topics
- HETAS is the official body for testing and approval of appliances and publishes lists of approved appliances, fuels and equipment to help consumers, installers, retailers, designers & specifiers in choosing an installation & system to suit your needs whilst complying with the relevant building regulations and safety standards
- Search for lists of local installers, chimney sweeps, retailers, products and fuels to enable safe and efficient use of your system into the future
- Check your fuel is quality assured by HETAS, this shows that the fuel sold will be of a consistent standard that matches a full description which is declared at point of sale
A range of consumer advice sheets are available, click here to find out more.