Become an Approved Chimney Sweep
A good chimney is essential to the continuing efficient and safe operation of all solid fuel burning heating and cooking appliances. HETAS recommends that chimney sweeping is best carried out by a HETAS Approved Chimney Sweep. HETAS offer the H003 training course or the H009 training course, attending one these courses is a pre-requisite towards registration, but not the only criteria. If you wish to become a HETAS Approved Chimney Sweep you must apply to us as a registered member of one of our nominated Trade Associations. The induction, training and assessment procedures of the trade associations represent to HETAS that you are a competent practical sweep with the appropriate equipment and insurance.
Chimney Sweep Associations
To register as a chimney sweep with HETAS, we would require a completed application form which can be downloaded by clicking here. The benefits of registration with HETAS as an Approved Chimney Sweep include:
- A listing in the Find Chimney Sweep search on the website
- A listing in the HETAS Approved Chimney Sweep Directory
- A free copy of the annual HETAS Guide
- Access to the HETAS Shop – a range of equipment, branded clothing, promotional material and advice leaflets
- Use of the HETAS Approved Chimney Sweep logo
- A monthly industry e-newsletter
- An industry dedicated insurance
- Regular in depth Technical Bulletins
- Access to the HETAS Technical Helpline
- Access to the online Techincal Area
Consumers can find their nearest HETAS Chimney Sweep by using the search facility at the top of the page or by clicking here.