The HETAS Guide
The annually produced HETAS Guide contains listings of approved appliances, ancillary equipment and products for use with biomass, wood and solid mineral fuels. It also contains details of chimney sweeps and businesses whose operatives have been trained and assessed in safety and good practice. The Guide is a very important document for the designer, retailer, installer, maintainer or user of appliances and systems using solid fuel as a heat source. The Guide contains valuable efficiency figures for appliances, helping to determine whether a particular appliance is suited to a property and can be installed in accordance with Building Regulations, and also states when an appliance is DEFRA exempt, or MCS certified.
With the current drive for low and zero carbon homes and the carbon neutral properties of wood The Guide has become the go-to reference directory for everyone across the biomass sector, from consumer to retailer and from manufacturer to installer.
There are also contact details for other important industry organisations and lots of other useful information. An updated version of The Guide is maintained on this website, a printed copy is also produced annually, available to purchase from HETAS and distributed to over 6,000 HETAS registered businesses and industry affiliates across the UK. You can now download the HETAS Guide 2018 in its entirety as a set of PDF files, viewable in the free Adobe Reader software.
Individual chapters may be accessed below:
The HETAS Guide to Approved Solid Fuel, Wood & Biomass Products and Services
Part 1 – Appliances Burning Solid Mineral Fuels & Wood
- Part 1 Introduction
- Type B to E2: (B – Open Fires, E1 – Appliances Burning Solid Mineral Fuel, E2: Appliances Burning Wood Logs)
- Type E3: Multi-Fuel Stoves
- Type E4-E5: (Wood Pellet Stoves and Slow Heat Release Appliances)
- Type F: Room Heaters/Stoves with Boilers (F1-F2 for Mineral Fuel/Wood Logs/Multi-Fuel/Wood Pellet)
- Type G: Cookers (G12-G23 with and without Boilers, Wood Logs/Multi-Fuel/Mineral Fuel)
- Type J: Introduction, Type J2-J4: Independent Boilers with Wood Logs and Gravity Feed Boilers with Thermostat – Mineral Fuel, Type J5-J6: Automatic Feed Independent Boilers- Wood Pellets/Chips and Condensing Biomass Boilers
Part 2 – Factory Made Chimneys & Chimney Lining Systems
Part 3 – Wood Biomass & Solid Mineral Fuels
Part 4 – Installation, Safety & Maintenance
If you manufacturer or distribute a product you’d like to have Approved or Listed by HETAS, please visit our Product Approval page here or call us on 01684 278196.