The growth of the renewable energy sector has meant increasing demand for biomass, wood and solid fuel installations, with more and more consumers employing HETAS installers.
In England & Wales, there are two routes to legally install a domestic biomass, wood or solid fuel burning appliance. HETAS registered installers can self certify that their work complies with the relevant building regulations, and issue the customer with a certificate of compliance. A copy of the certificate is also sent to HETAS who will notify the relevant Local Authority on their behalf. Alternatively, the customer must apply to the Local Authority Building Control department for a Building Notice, and pay the appropriate fee which can cost up to £300 per job.
HETAS is the ONLY competent persons registration scheme specialising in the installation of solid fuel, wood and biomass technologies and there are many benefits associated with HETAS registration, including:
- Self certification of installations
- Promotion and marketing tools
- Discounted membership with Prompt Payer – debt recovery and loan brokering services
- Free HETAS Technical Handbook - along with updates
- Free annual HETAS Guide
- An industry dedicated insurance
- Tools and Equipment – available at shop.hetas.co.uk
- A monthly E-News
- Technical updates
- Access to the HETAS Technical Helpline
HETAS offer industry leading practical assessment training courses for biomass, wood and solid fuel allowing direct entry into HETAS registration. Following your training course, simply complete the Application Pack and send it off to HETAS! It couldn’t be simpler.