Complaints about HETAS Staff or Policies/Processes
HETAS Complaints Policy
There may be times when people or organisations feel dissatisfied with the service provided by HETAS or a member of our staff. In these cases they may make a complaint. We would ask that any complaints are made in writing and passed to us by fax/email/letter if at all possible. The following will be applied:-
- Where there is a complaint about a member of HETAS staff or a HETAS bought in service or contractor/consultant, the complainant should put the complaint in writing (email, fax, letter if possible) and address it to the Departmental Manager. For Registration this is Jeremy Hull; for Approvals and Certifications this is Andrew Hopton. If the complaint is about one of the managers it should be address to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Bruce Allen.
- Where there is a complaint about our processes or the way we have operated, the complaint should be addressed to the department manager concerned (see 1.)
- When the appropriate person receives the complaint it will be given a complaint number and shall be allocated appropriately to a named individual. The complainant will be made aware of these details and at the same time given an indication of how long it will take to investigate and report back to them. It may be necessary to contact the complainant a number of times to ensure that we have all the necessary information and that they are kept up to date.
- On completion of the investigation the manager concerned will contact the complainant and let them know the outcome. At the same the complainant should be told that if they are dissatisfied, they can contact the HETAS CEO, giving the name and direct contact details.
- If the complaint cannot be resolved by the manager, or is about the manager then the complaint should be referred to the CEO, Bruce Allen. The complainant will be given direct contact details.
- There may be times when a complaint is about a policy or process that HETAS has no control over e.g. there are some requirements of CP schemes or approvals schemes that HETAS must adhere to but which others may find unsatisfactory. In these cases we may be able to refer the complaint on to an appropriate authority
- HETAS staff will always make a written note of conversations about complaints or potential complaints
- If in doubt or if there are particular concerns please contact a manager or the CEO and every effort will be made to help.
The HETAS address can be found in the footer of this website and other contact details can be found by clicking here.