Become an Approved Chimney Sweep
A good chimney is essential to the continuing efficient and safe operation of all solid fuel burning heating and cooking appliances. HETAS recommends that chimney sweeping is best carried out by a HETAS Approved Chimney Sweep. HETAS offer the H003 training course or the H009 training course, and attending one these courses is a pre-requisite towards registration, but not the only criteria. If you wish to become a HETAS Approved Chimney Sweep you must apply to us as a registered member of one of our nominated Trade Associations. The induction, training and assessment procedures of the trade associations represent to HETAS that you are a competent practical sweep with the appropriate equipment and insurance.
Chimney Sweep Associations
In July 2019 HETAS will be adding direct entry route for professional chimney sweeps to be approved via HETAS. Anyone interested in joining HETAS this way can express their interest here.
To register as a chimney sweep with HETAS, we would require a completed application form which can be downloaded by clicking here. The benefits of registration with HETAS as an Approved Chimney Sweep include:
- A listing in the Find Chimney Sweep search on the website
- A listing in the HETAS Approved Chimney Sweep Directory
- A free copy of the annual HETAS Guide
- Access to the HETAS Shop – a range of equipment, branded clothing, promotional material and advice leaflets
- Use of the HETAS Approved Chimney Sweep logo
- A monthly industry e-newsletter
- An industry dedicated insurance
- Regular in depth Technical Bulletins
- Access to the HETAS Technical Helpline
- Access to the online Techincal Area
Consumers can find their nearest HETAS Chimney Sweep by using the search facility at the top of the page or by clicking here.